Generally speaking, grey is the sleekest and most classy color around, but for how long has this been going on? Another thing to think about, is grey really that great of an option to call it a go to color? During this article we are going to go over 5 reasons why grey is a great choice when it comes to designing your home.
Grey headboards are particularly in right now, as is, well… grey everything.
One of the reasons for this shade’s surge in popularity is that it’s one of the most versatile colors out there, meaning you’re not short of options when it comes to matching your other furniture to your headboard.
Let’s dive straight in!
5 Reasons Grey Is King
Grey is a versatile and timeless color that has been gaining popularity in recent years, and for good reason. Here are five reasons why grey is a great choice for home design:
1. Grey is neutral and can easily be paired with other colors. Because grey is a neutral color, it can easily be paired with a wide range of other colors without clashing. This makes it a versatile choice for home design, allowing you to easily incorporate pops of color and accents without worrying about them looking out of place.
2. Grey can create a calming and relaxing atmosphere. Light shades of grey can be soothing and calming, making them a great choice for bedrooms and other spaces where you want to create a relaxing atmosphere. Darker shades of grey can be more dramatic and add a sense of sophistication and elegance to a space.
3. Grey is a timeless color that never goes out of style. Unlike trendier colors that may quickly go out of style, grey is a timeless color that will never look outdated. This makes it a smart choice for those who want their home to have a classic and enduring aesthetic.
4. Grey can make a space feel larger and more open. Light shades of grey can help to make a small space feel larger and more open, while darker shades can help to create a cozy and intimate atmosphere.
5. Grey is easy to maintain and clean. Because grey is a neutral color, it won’t show dirt and stains as easily as other colors. This makes it a practical choice for busy households and those who want their home to be easy to maintain and clean.
In conclusion, grey is a great color for home design because it is versatile, calming, timeless, and easy to maintain. It can be used in a wide range of design styles and can easily be paired with other colors to create a unique and personalized look. Whether you prefer light and airy shades of grey or darker and more dramatic hues, this color is a fantastic choice for any home.
If you love gray so much, why not just stick with it for the rest of your furniture.
Yes, it will look quite minimal, perhaps even slightly industrial, but you can offset this vibe with pure white walls, colorful sheets, and warm-tone picture frames.
Gray plays well with, well… gray.
Thus, you can celebrate your love of this color by choosing furniture that has a different shade of gray than your headboard, and it will look spectacular.
Switching up the gray will work well for symmetrical items, such as side tables.
If you’ve got a light headboard, go dark with the tables. If you’ve got a dark headboard, go light with the tables.
This “the same but different” look will create an astounding visual impact, whilst still looking refined, smart, and sophisticated.
Then, as with matching gray, you can mix things up a bit with colorful embellishments dotted around the room.
If you like the idea of medium wood warming the place up, red woods like cherrywood and red oak will turn up the heat significantly.
These rosy woods will form quite the contrast, so it might be worth using a middle shade somewhere in the room to ease the transition, but when done just right, it can be truly splendid.
Obviously, a bunch of hot pink furniture will look a little strange in any room, but if you keep things subtle, perhaps with a piece of furniture with dusky pink accents, it can add a playful vibe to an otherwise buttoned-down aesthetic.
And the space will look no less elegant either.
Pink and gray work wonderfully well together if you match the colors correctly, and if you can’t find any furniture that is made with pink accents, why not buy some paint and add them yourself?
Silver is essentially gray with some added sparkle, and as we’ve already established how good gray on gray looks, it should come as no surprise that silver furniture can also look amazing alongside a gray headboard.
The shine of silver will add a bit of luxury to the room as well as boost the light factor, which may be just what you need to make a small room feel more spacious.
Who doesn’t love a pop of yellow amongst gray? It’s sunshine in the city; it’s a buttercup blooming in a wall; it’s warmth and sunlight incarnate.
Does the color grey speak to you?
Remember to consider related factors such when choosing the right color for you home. The color scheme does make a difference and every aspect of the room comes in to play – happy designing!